Use WooCommerce to build WordPress online store
If you’re thinking to create an online store or e-commerce website, then probably you came to know that you have to write a massive amount of code to build an online store, but No! probably for building an online store you will not require coding.
Now we will see what is actually woocommerce is and how you can make WooCommerce based online store easily in few steps.
What is WooCommerce plugin
WooCommerce is a plugin available for WordPress platform for free with some premium add-ons. It has been downloaded over thirteen million times and operates over 37% of all online stores. When WooCommerce is activated on a WordPress website, WooCommerce adds in basic product management, order processing, and shopping cart functionality.
WooCOmmerce Features: WooCommerce creates an online platform for the store where you can adopt features like:
- Modern and clean interface
- Improved experience for store owners
- WordPress Content Integration
- Pre-installed payment gateways
- Total control of the checkout process
- Set Default Currency
- Geo-location Support
- Automatic Taxes
- Cart Behavior
- Reduce Page Loading
- Add/Manage Products
- Product Types
- Product Variables
- Inventory Management
- Shipping Calculations
- Cart Calculator
- Flexible Shipping Destinations
- Shipping Prices
- Restrict Sales
- Multiple Shipping Methods
- Custom Tax Calculations
- Geo-location enabled taxes
- Select Customer Address
- Tax rate definition
- Search Engine Optimization
- Simplified Coupon System
- Discount Coupons and codes
- Product Reviews
- Owner Verification
- Analyze Products and Orders
- CRM/Store Management
And many others features for increasing capability of your online store.
WordPress eCommerce themes free
- Shopkeeper – eCommerce WP Theme for WooCommerce
- WoodMart – Responsive WooCommerce WordPress Theme
- XStore – Responsive WooCommerce Theme
- Porto | Responsive WordPress + eCommerce Theme
- Electro Electronics Store WooCommerce Theme
- Basel – Responsive eCommerce Theme
- Sober – WooCommerce WordPress Theme
- Zyra – Clean, Minimal WooCommerce Theme
Now we discuss Pros and Cons mentioned in web-savvy-marketing
- The core WooCommerce software is open source and free.
- The plugin is reasonably simple to install into WordPress.
- There are lots of WordPress themes available for developing out the e-commerce website.
- There are over 300 extensions available for making the base functionality more robust.
- WooCommerce has over 1,200 5 star ratings and reviews on WordPress.org.
- The software is frequently updated for new features and functions.
- There are lots of WordPress developers available to provide assistance.
- Virtually every storefront will require an extension and these plugins cost money and require an annual license purchase.
- People new to e-commerce completely underestimate the time involved in setting up an online store. There are a lot of usage considerations, settings, and functionality decisions required for managing customers, orders, inventory, sales tax, and shipping.
- Not all WooCommerce themes are coded well and/or are robust. This is the nature of WordPress and theme buyers need to make sure they purchase templates from trustworthy theme developers.
- Software updates can be major endeavors which can sometimes require a developer to assist in execution, testing, and troubleshooting.
- The support forum on WordPress.org is not well maintained. There are over 1,000 support tickets entered in the last month that have not been responded to by the Autommatic support team.
- Not all developers who say they know WooCommerce are of high quality.
WordPress ecommerce plugins for Woocommerce
WooCommerce provides various supporting add-ons which makes WooCommerce more powerful than ever and powers your site incredibly. As per the mentioned on web-savvy-marketing, checkout WooCommerce’s awesome addons.
- AutomateWoo – Sends follow up emails with coupons for theme license renewals.
- Follow-Up Emails – Sends automated emails to customer on-boarding.
- Genesis Connect to WooCommerce – Connects WooCommerce with the Genesis theme framework.
- LearnDash WooCommerce Integration – Connects WooCommerce with the LearnDash LMS (training) plugin.
- Web Savvy WooCommerce Bridge – A custom plugin that connects WooCommerce to the Simple: Press forum.
- WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration – Connects WooCommerce to Google Analytics and allows for more advanced website reports.
- WooCommerce MailChimp Subscribe – Connects WooCommerce to MailChimp to automatically sign users up for our newsletter. This is permission based.
- WooCommerce Menu Extension – Adds additional menu functionality to the store area of our website.
- WooCommerce PDF Invoices – Provides a downloadable or printable invoice for customers.
- WooCommerce Stripe Gateway – Connects WooCommerce to the Stripe payment gateway. Stripe is a very easy to set up credit card processor.
- WooCommerce Subscriptions – This extension is used to set up annual theme licenses and generate recurring income.
- Yoast WooCommerce SEO – Sends schema data for products to search engines like Bing and Google.
SO, WooCommerce is a perfect plugin if you want to build an online store, WooCommerce helps you to increase your business and gives awesome features for managing your online store easily.
Share your thoughts on WooCommerce if you ever used WooCommerce and its add-ons.